Safe Corporate Headshots in the Pandemic
Can you create engaged business portraits during Covid? Yes you can.
Even in the midst of the pandemic, we are safely taking corporate portraits and headshots. How do we do it? Very carefully.
We have embraced a set of protocols that ensure both our health and yours. Here are some of the details of our business portrait shoots here in Boston and New York City:
Almost daily, we get asked if safely creating high quality photos in the midst of this pandemic is possible. We have considered this extensively and have created and implemented a set of protocols to ensure a safe and harmonious shoot for everyone. So, happily, the answer is “Yes, absolutely!”.
So, what’s changed? We still have the same commitment to excellence and professionalism, and our goal is always to create fantastic photography. Only now, our shoots look a bit different. Here’s what precautions you can expect:
• Masks, masks, masks! All members of our crew will be wearing masks at all times. In addition, we ask that you wear your mask whenever possible. Some obvious exceptions are for the actual photography, as well as make up and/or grooming, but beyond that, a mask is a must.
• Outdoor shoots whenever possible. We’re great at finding flattering natural light both outdoors and in, so if rain or cold make being outside impossible, we look for large, bright common spaces with room to spread out and good air circulation.
• Keeping our distance. To keep as much distance between you and the camera as possible, we opt for long lenses that allow you to seem close up when you are 10 – 12 feet back. In addition, to avoid crowding around a capture station/laptop, we will post a preview gallery for you to choose your favorite images on your own computer. Digital assistants are also available who can stream previews to a tablet in real time.
• Modified group photography. We ask that only the minimum necessary people inhabit the immediate shooting space. We will work with you to shoot group portraits that allow everyone to be safely distant, using careful placement and/or post-production manipulation to make people appear closer together. No-one will ever be asked to pose close to someone in a way that makes them uncomfortable.
• Super sanitization. We keep high standards of cleanliness and sanitization for both ourselves and our equipment. All equipment will be thoroughly sanitized between shoots.
• Got symptoms? Stay home! If you, or anyone we’ll be shooting, develops symptoms of COVID-19, we will reschedule the shoot without any cancellation fees. We also pledge to reschedule if we are experiencing compromised health.
We will always coordinate safety precautions with you both before and during the shoot. Our commitment has always been stunning photography with excellence and professionalism. Now, we are committing to safety as well.